If you are a GMS parent and are having problems accessing Infinite Campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call GMS and ask for the registrar. Most issues can be taken care of quickly, but it may takea few days before we can get your username and/or password reset.
Scott County School Acceptable Use Policy
Access to Electronic Media
The Board supports the right of students, employees, and community members to have reasonable access to various information formats and believes it is incumbent upon students, employees, and community members to utilize this privilege in an appropriate and responsible manner. This policy outlines both the privileges and the responsibilities associated with the use of the Scott County Schools’ network and its resources. It addresses ethical and educational uses of electronic media, including, but not limited to, the Internet, email, and other technological resources. It also addresses issues of privacy versus administrative review of electronic files and communications. The policy prohibits use of networks for illegal activities, the intentional spreading of embedded messages, or the use of other programs with the potential of damaging or destroying programs or data. For additional information see school board policies for students, and certified and classified employees, regarding use of school property, disrupting the educational process, and conduct.
Guidelines for unacceptable use shall prohibit utilization of networks for prohibited or illegal activities, the intentional spreading of embedded messages, or the use of other programs with the potential of damaging or destroying programs or data. Unacceptable use of technology includes, but is not limited to, the following;
· Sharing your password;
· Using or altering anyone else’s password;
· Allowing someone to access any area of your account;
· Accessing any computer or network for which you are unauthorized;
· Creating or sharing computer viruses;
· Destroying another person’s data;
· Monopolizing the network resources by running large programs and network during the day and/or sending massive amounts of email to other users, or using system resources for games;
· Vandalizing network resources; Vandalism is defined as any attempt to harm or destroy equipment, data, operating systems or applications, our network, or any other networks.
· Playing games with no educational purpose over the network;
· Taking from or placing on the network, any copyrighted material including copyrighted movies and music without authorization from the District network administrator;
· Distributing or collecting obscene, abusive, discriminatory or threatening material via telephone, video, email, internet or other means;
· Demonstrating or discussing policy violations or security breeches with someone other than a school network administrator;
· Annoying other users with things such as talk requests and chain letters;
· Conducting any illegal activity via the network; Known illegal activity will be reported to the authorities;
· Sending harassing or abusive email messages to others;
· Using vulgar or inappropriate language;
· Using network resources for personal profit; and
· Using technology resources for commercial, political, or profit-making enterprise except as specifically agreed to with the District.
ACCESS PRIVILEGES TO ELECTRONIC MATERIALS
Access to electronic information resources may range from read-only access to instructional software to full search capability of the Internet and to email. For these reasons the Scott County Schools maintain the right to limit access to software and/or documents found either on our network or the Internet via technical or human barriers.
KRS 156.675; Kentucky Education Technology System (KETS)
47.U.S.C.§ 254; 701 KAR 5:120
08.1353, 08.2322, 09.14